This week El Reg‘s Speaking in Tech techcast takes place in the growing economic powerhouse of the Asia Pacific region. Your host Greg Knieriemen is in Singapore with special guests Adrian De Luca, Asia Pacific chief technology officer for HDS, and Michael “Heff” Heffernan, infrastructure specialist for emerging technologies at HDS.
You’ll hear about how major mobile takeup in the region has led to an upswing in app development, how the region is looking into the implications of e-Discovery and privacy laws, managing your cloud costs and more. It’s packed with info you’ll want to know if you do business in the region. Download it now to listen to it later, subscribe on iTunes or Google, or just listen to the bits which interest you most on our Reg player below.
Co-hosts Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela are away this week.
Here’s a handy index of start times for the discussion:
- Enterprise tech trends in Asia (2:20)
- Open Source and real costs (4:50)
- Cloud Operating Systems (8:00)
- In Asia, mobile driving app development (11:50)
- The road to hybrid cloud (14:55)
- “Burst in” clouds (17:00)
- Public cloud governance and cost management (19:50)
- Cloud data, e-Discovery and privacy laws (24:00)
- Diverse mobile data access (28:00)
- Bringing solutions to market (29:45)
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Feed URL for other podcast tools – Juice, Zune, et cetera: http://nekkidtech.libsyn.com/rss