I know why you’re here: you want to change the destination folder for screenshots on mac, right? In this video, we show you exactly how to save screenshots to a folder. Find additional details to copy/paste below.
How to take screenshots on Mac:
- Hold down Command + Shift, Press 3 (Entire Screen)
- Hold down Command + Shift, Press 3 (Select Area of Screen)
How to change the destination folder of Screenshots on Mac:
- STEP 1: Click Spotlight icon (the magnifying glass on the top right)
- STEP 2: Type “Terminal” and press enter
- STEP 3: Copy/Paste the following code and hit enter to create a folder named “Screenshots” in your “Documents” folder
- STEP 4: Copy/Paste the following code and hit enter to set this new directory as the destination folder for screenshots
defaults write com.apple.screencapture location ~/Documents/Screenshots
- STEP 5: Copy/Paste the following code and hit enter so these settings will take immediate effect
And there you have it! Screenshots will now start saving into your very own screenshots folder!
Two additional tips:
- You can adjust the above copy/paste syntax to have your screenshots saved somewhere else if you choose, this is just one example and my personal solution
- If you use DropBox or Google Drive, consider making a “Screenshots” folder and saving them directly here- it will allow you to automatically save your screenshots to the cloud, really helpful if you tend to share most of your screenshots (with a web developer or co-worker or someone else)
Don’t forget to delete all the annoying screenshot files that have piled up on your desktop!
- Change Screenshot Destination
- The (6) best ways to extend your iPhone 6 bat
- Download UBER for iOS today! Get $20 off you
- The (5) things you should do after buying an
Source Article from http://isource.com/2015/01/08/how-to-save-screenshots-to-folder-mac/